Albatross Charters, New Zealand
Ika Moana, a Young 43 yacht, designed and built in New Zealand, is now available for bareboat charter.
Ika Moana is great entertaining boat, with plenty of space. Make Ika Moana, you next bareboat charter.
Three cabin layout with 2 bathrooms. Will suit 3 couples or family cruising in style. Pilothouse setting creates a relaxed, sociable indoor/outdoor flow for effortless entertaining. Walk-through transom, swim ladder and outdoor shower complete the perfect summer cruising package.
Maximum overnight passengers: 6
Maximum daytime passengers: 12
New Zealand has some of the best cruising waters in the world. Experience Auckland's awesome Hauraki Gulf or take her further afield on a longer charter. The options for your bareboat charter experience out of Auckland are fantastic.
Auckland's Hauraki Gulf
- Rangitoto Island - Stop off in Islington Bay and climb this 700-year-old vocano for spectacular views of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf.
- Motuihe Island - Looking for sandy beaches, a bit of a walk, an ice cream in high season, swimming, sun and fun with Auckland's boating fraternity? Motuihe is for you. Fun in the sun. Stop off at Ocean Beach in the north-east or Wharf Bay in the south-west or Calypso Bay in the south-east.
- Waiheke Island - Waiheke has something for everyone. A multitude of vineyards, dining options, craft markets, sandy beaches, popular beaches, deserted bays, it is all there. Look out for the jazz festival and local art exhibitions. Don't miss out on a wine at Man-o-War Vineyard, right at the southern end of Waiheke.
- Rakino Island - A charming smaller island with lovely beaches and great swimming. Head to Woody Bay and West Bay in breezes from the North and East.
- Kawau Island - Visit the historic Mansion House, home of Sir George Gray from 1862 - 1888. An historic reserve has been created to protect the Mansion House and its gardens, the surrounding landscape and the relics from the copper mining industry. There are plenty of good walks to do. Vivian Bay is a great day trip, having a beautiful long sandy beach, protected in most conditions. While you're in the area, head across to Moturekareka, which has the remains of the steel sailing ship "Rewa". Another lovely beach and great swimming and snorkelling.
- Western Coromandel - Te Kouma, Elephant Cove, Port Jackson, Port Charles. Amazing. All really isolated and great for exploring. Bring your scuba gear and fishing rods and live from the ocean. Allow yourself 4+ days.
- Great Barrier Island - Far enough away from Auckland to have a personality of its own. Go up to the Fitzroy Yacht Club for lunch. Amazing white sand beaches, great diving, fishing and snorkeling, crystal clear water. Happy days. Allow yourself a week for this trip.
- Bay of Islands - the coast between Auckland and the Bay of Islands is amazing - Tutukaka, Mimiwhangata, Whangamumu. Remote and stunning. When you get to the Bay of Islands, you are rewarded by islands, dolphins and more white sand beaches. Allow yourselves a couple of weeks for this trip.
Albatross Charters, Auckland, Bay of Islands & Coromandel Enquiry Form
PO Box 35-110
Phone: +64 21 540 896
Mobile: +64 21 540 896
Web: Visit website