Crystal Mountain, Auckland
At Crystal Mountain we want to provide a fun Auckland experience for the whole family, which is why we have a variety of activities which are sure to entertain both children and adults.
This exciting purpose built gallery, houses New Zealand ’s largest selection of Crystals and Minerals from around the world. Many rare and beautiful specimens are available both on exhibit and for sale.
Crystal Mountain has been specifically built for easy access for visitors of all ages, regardless of physical ability and will delight old and young alike with the many things to see and do.
Set on several acres, in the foothills of the Waitakere Ranges it is a peaceful oasis just 20 km from Auckland C.B.D.
Besides our world class collection of crystals and minerals; an excellent selection of unusual stone gifts and souvenirs are also available, many of which have been produced by our own company. Our animal park is an exciting adventure with pony rides (weather permitting) and various other activities.
World Class Crystal Mine Museum - New Zealand's largest selection of rare and exquisite crystals and minerals directly imported and sourced from mines around the world.
- An educational experience that will delight all ages.
- A world class exhibition, for School and Group trips
Travel by elevator to the heart of Crystal Mountain to The Crystal Mine Museum and see New Zealand’s largest selection of rare and exquisite Crystals, Minerals and Fossils from around the World and Beyond. Specimens weighing 1000kg and others more than 2 meters tall.
Crystal Gallery - Beautiful semi precious gifts and souvenirs you will treasure, at realistic prices. A wonderful collection is available for sale - many of which have been designed by our own company. Even the most passionate collectors will find something special to add to their natural or polished specimen collection. Large selection of semi-precious stone pendants, bead necklaces and bracelets. Unique designs of sterling silver pendants, rings, bracelets, earrings etc…Set with quality faceted semi-precious gems and cabochons.
Crystal Mountain's Gallery is open 6 days a week (except for Public and School holidays) from:
- Tuesday - Sunday: 9am - 5pm
- Check out The Gonzales Roller Coaster a Roller Coaster that is fun for the whole Family!
- Our very own Crystal Mountain 4 in 1 Bungy Trampoline is a great way to have a lot of fun.
- Meet our loveable Llamas, Donkeys, Emus, Ponies, Peacocks, Geese, Ducks, Sonny the Deer and much more.
- Kids love having a ride on our very friendly ponies. This is a great way for the kids to have fun. We offer supervised pony rides most days and throughout the school holidays (weather permitting)
- It's all about making learning fun! Kids can now learn about the old method of panning with our "Pan for Crystals " activity. Each child receives a bag of hidden treasure that gets uncovered in the process of panning once again a totally affordable means of fun for the whole family.
- Ride on the Crystal Mountain Express Train as it go's around the park and see all the animals.
Crystal Mountain Café - Fabulous food is another specialty at Crystal Mountain. Enjoy our selection of Breakfasts or treat yourself to a delicious café lunch followed by a great cappuccino at our very own ' Café on The Rock'.
Delicious Lunches, Brunches and Espresso Coffees prepared daily by our Friendly staff. Special group Lunch and tea options available at discounted rates. Children’s Menu also available.
Available Group Options:
- Bus Tours
- Birthday Parties
- Club Groups
- Lunch Menus
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Preschool Groups
- School Holiday Programs
- School Groups
- Special Breakfast Events
- Youth Groups
- More options are available on request.
CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN PRICES: Quoted in NZ$, Subject to Change
- Free Admission to Souvenir Gallery, Café & Playground
- Ultimate Experience Pass: $35.00 p/person. All day Crystal Mine Museum, Animal Park, Crystal Mountain Express Train, Gonzales Roller Coaster, Euro Bungy Tramp, Travis the Tractor, Dinosaur Gully and Pony Rides.
- Visitor Pass: $15.00 p/person. All day Crystal Mine Museum, Crystal Mountain Express Train, Animal Park & Dinosaur Gully.
- Museum Only Pass: Adults $ 8.00, Children $ 5.00
- Panning for Crystals: $5.00
- Bungy Only: $8.00
- Pony Ride: $5.00
- Travis the Tractor Ride: $5.00
- Gonzales Mouse Roller Coaster: $5.00
- 10% discount for 4 or more park passes
Crystal Mountain, Auckland Theme Park & Crystal Mountain Cafe Enquiry Form
80 Candia Road
Phone: +64 9 833 5033
Fax: +64 9 833 5044
Web: Visit website