Takatu Lodge Matakana
Takatu Lodge was named by TATLER Travel Guide UK among their ‘101 Best Hotels of the World’. The lodge is architectural, elegant & contemporary in style using natural wood, stone & marble to complement its surroundings. It has also recently been awarded the ‘Most Outstanding Accommodation Experience’ by Tourism Auckland for the region.
Only 5 minutes from Matakana Village & a 45 minute drive from central Auckland, the lodge is surrounded by spectacular beaches in the heart of the Matakana wine growing area.
Whole walls of glass allow all day sun & capture the stunning views of the surrounding vineyard, mountain ranges & Pacific Ocean beyond - inside & outside fusing seamlessly as one. High vaulted Macrocarpa ceilings, open log fires inside & out, a cosy library & outside landscaped rooms are a few of the many architectural features.
Relax in one of our especially designed lodge suites. Each luxurious suite is very private, spacious & optimise spectacular views.
Suites offer -
- Super-king beds or 2 king-single beds. All bed linen is of natural fibre, with 100% Egyptian cotton & wool.
- Generous-sized ensuites. Soak in a double bath using hand-crafted bath crystals and candles while overlooking gardens, vines & out to the ocean.
- European double wash basins, fittings & separate marble & glass showers were considered with the guests comfort in mind.
- Heated floors & mirrors throughout.
- Accessories (shampoo, conditioner, etc) using natural products & hairdryers are also included.
- Exquisite bathrobes.
- Free internet & WIFI and i-pod/music stations in every suite
- Yoga mats, fruit juice, fresh ground coffee, tea (including organic & herbal), handmade chocolates, fruit & other provisions are complimentary.
- On site Beauty/Yoga/Massage therapy can be arranged on request.
Takatu Wines & Vineyard
Takatu Vineyard is situated on a warm north facing hillside, an ideal aspect as it is sheltered from the prevailing cool south-westerly winds & the summer heat is moderated by a gently sea breeze from the nearby Pacific Ocean. The vineyard produces renowned award-winning wines, sold on premise & in many select New Zealand, Australian & UK restaurants. Each vine is hand tended with individual care & the harvest hand-picked.
Accommodation Rates (quoted in NZ$, subject to change)
- Summer tariff (Oct-April) $NZ710.00 per suite/night.
- Winter tariff (May-Sept) $NZ552.00 per suite/night. All taxes included.
- A full 3 course breakfast, a celebration fresh home grown & seasonal produce is offered each morning.
- A bottle of Takatu’s award winning wine is gifted upon arrival.
- We also provide for intimate weddings and small conferences.
Takatu Boutique Luxury Lodge & Vineyard, Matakana, North Auckland Enquiry Form
518 Whitmore Road
Phone: +64 9 423 0299
Fax: +64 9 423 0298
Web: Visit website